We are very proud of Central City Public Schools and the education provided for all students. Our PK-12 District is comprised of PK-4 Elementary School, 5-8 Middle Schools, 9-12 High School and an Alternative Education Program. Our strong team of staff, parents and community members play a critical role in our “Commitment to Excellence”.
I feel privileged to serve as your superintendent. CCPS district is comprised of people who are passionate about education. Every action we take helps increase student engagement for learning. Our K-12 curriculum and activities are used to teach students the skills they need to be successful in their lives. Students demonstrate many accomplishments that are a result of a strong curriculum, and a collaborative, dynamic group of people focused on the education of children.
As we continue to develop our website, we hope you find the information you need about our district. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Candace Conradt, superintendent of Schools
• Doctorate of Educational Administration, University of South Dakota at Vermillion
• Educational Specialist – Education Administration (Superintendency), Drake University,
Des Moines, IA
• Masters of Science – Effective Teaching/Curriculum and Development, Drake University,
Des Moines, IA
• Bachelors Degree – Family & Consumer Science, Kearney State College, Kearney, NE
• Superintendent, Bruning-Davenport Unified Schools, Davenport, NE - July 2006-2008
• PK Principal, St. Mary’s Catholic Schools, O’Neill, NE – July 2002-2006
• 9-12 Principal, Kuemper Catholic High School, Carroll, IA – July 1999-2002
• Family & Consumer Science Teacher, Garner-Hayfield High School, Garner, IA – 1979-1999
• Family & Consumer Science Teacher, Table Rock Public School, Table Rock, NE – 1978-1979
• Family & Consumer Science Teacher, USD 488, Bern, Kansas – 1975-1978
What sculpture is to a piece of marble, education is to the human soul. –Joseph Addison, essayist and poet (1672-1719)